Sunday, December 23, 2012

Fred Flintstone Cake!

In addition to it being his grandmother's Birthday last weekend, it was also my boyfriend's Birthday - it was a very busy weekend for me!

Nothing slips by him so I didn't even try to hide the fact that I was going to make him a cake! Especially since he requested one... a 4 tiered one.... featuring the Ninja Turtles, Transformers, G.I. Joe and The Flintstones! Reliving his childhood memories as he was about to turn another year older I presume : P

Anyway, with 2 Birthday celebrations in one weekend and only small gatherings planned for both, that 4 tiered monster would have gone to major waste. So I picked ONE theme and sent my boyfriend out for the day and I got to work!

I kept the cake on the dining room table in a closed cake box until we went to his parents' house for dinner.... I can't be sure he didn't peek, but I don't THINK he did!

So, with all of my options, I went with The Flintstones. Fred Flintstone. THEMED! I'm not crazy into character cakes so I figured this was a good compromise!








I covered the cake in the orange and black print of Fred's "dress" (excuse my ignorance, but I'm not sure what that article of clothing is called!),  topped it off with his raggedy jaggedy blue tie, and finished it off with a boney border - it IS the stone age after all!

Everybody, especially the Birthday boy, loved the cake! Even his dog enjoyed some birthday cake crumbs - it was vanilla! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment