Monday, December 17, 2012

Yummies!

As I mentioned before, it is currently gain-a-little-weight season!

Last year I stumbled upon a killer peppermint bark recipe. I'm generally a chocolate purist. I never had the taste for chocolate & (pepper)mint. Give me a bar of plain old milk or dark chocolate, and that's all I need to be in my own personal heaven!

I somehow got into the smell of chocolate & peppermint and decided I LOVED peppermint bark and NEEDED to make it. Tons of it. Without ever having really tasted it.

So last year I bought out aaaaallllll the candy canes I could find and I recruited my Grandmother to help me unwrap them and I went forth with my peppermint bark mission. Boy was it a success. Months after the holiday season I was dreaaaaaaming of that bark and waiting for the right time to bust out that recipe yet again!

Here it is, in all it's addictive delight



Pretty & packaged with a bow!

After the peppermint bark, I had a brilliant (or horrible) idea that I wanted to try out. I have, and I can say with 100000000% assurance, the BEST and most famously sought after cookie base recipe. I have addicts banging on my door. Not actually. But I do get MANY requests when I'm having people over or going to someone's house to bring my cookies. I decided I'd make some changes and turn those devine devils into Skor cookies.

Oy.




Good thing there aren't cameras in the kitchen. I told my boyfriend I only ate 3. But that's just actually when I lost count.

New favourite thing in the world.

Good idea gone horribly wrong!

Guess who'll be avoiding the scale for a while? This girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment