Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Doctor Cake!

Since I’ve started this cake decorating journey several months back, my boyfriend has been leaving me less than subtle hints about what kind of cake I would be making him for his birthday! For the most part, he has been dying for a hockey cake, but unfortunately for him, I've stripped it from my cake repertoire. Instead, I found the perfect replacement!

My boyfriend is currently in medical school, so I decided that his birthday cake should reflect this other important aspect of his life (besides hockey!).

Here’s how it turned out!







I had SO much fun making the little pills, (bloody) band-aids, stethoscope and of course, the essential reflex hammer (which I actually find rather amusing in real-life too!). And obviously I had to throw some chest hair into the mix also!

He absolutely loved his cake!!!! Plus, it was chocolate cake with Oreo buttercream frosting - what's not to love??

1 comment: