Friday, May 14, 2010

Black & White Beauty!

As you can see from going back to older blog posts, my friend Jaclyn and her family have done a great job at sustaining and expanding my cake portfolio! With HER birthday fast approaching, I knew I had to make something really special!!

During one of our many coffee dates, I took mental notes about what kind of cakes she recently loved when watching “Cake Boss” and other such shows, so I knew a while in advance what kind of cake I really wanted to make for her!

As her birthday drew near, I didn’t know if Jaclyn wanted to design her own birthday cake, if her mom would pick for her and make it a surprise, or if I could surprise BOTH of them and execute my very own cake design idea! After telling Jaclyn that I had the most PERFECT idea in mind, she decided to let me have creative control and surprise her!

Here is what I came up with!







This black, white and gold cake was PERFECT for Jaclyn! It was simple yet beautiful, classy and elegant all at the same time – just like her!!

Though it was hard for Jaclyn to LET me surprise her, I think that the end result was definitely worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment