Friday, January 11, 2013

Yummy Muffins!

I've gone a little muffin crazy this week!

I have a batch of red velvet cupcakes planned for tomorrow and not wanting an entire carton of buttermilk to go to waste after one red velvet recipe, I decided to whip up some of my famous buttermilk & olive oil muffins! YUM!



I normally add in a variety of delicious ingredients to these savoury muffins such as feta, brie, goat cheese (not all together!) and onion, tomato, green apple, roasted pepper, etc... but I decided to go back to basics this time.... also I had none of those yummy things to add in!




Baked to golden perfection these savoury muffins were just as delicious sans all the fancy ingredients! Delightfully simple, they'd be a perfect addition to any dinner table or entertaining spread!

Next, I was a little over ambitious with my desire to make and freeze different hearty soups this week. Out of the three that I had planned to make, I made one - sweet potato and butternut squash! It was very tasty but the time it took to chop, saute, cook, puree and flavour the soup made me not so enthusiastic to get started on the next one - carrot ginger. With 4 lbs of carrots sitting in the fridge, I knew I had to get cracking and do SOMETHING!

So I decided to whip up some carrot muffins! Believe it or not I don't have a food processor so I had to grate the carrots by hand which took longer than I had hoped....should have just made the soup! But not actually...



They were very yummy but I still have about 3 lbs of carrots sitting in the fridge!

Monday might be the day I complete my soup challenge... if not, more muffins are on the way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment