Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teapot Cake!

Now that the summer is here it's getting hard to find time to fit cake making into the mix! But with my mom's birthday coming up, I knew I'd have to squeeze a special cake for her special birthday into my schedule.

My mom LOVES to collect teapots and teacup sets! Whenever a special occasion rolls around, our gifts to her are usually contributions to her collection. Even though it was an extra special birthday and we were planning a bigger gift than a teapot, I still wanted to incorporate her ever growing collection into the celebration. My mom also loves everything and anything Mary Engelbreit. From socks to stationary, calendars and stickers - whenever she finds anything Mary Engelbreit, she's sure to snatch it up!

After doing some Googling, I found that Mary Engelbreit has a teapot line! It was the perfect idea and inspiration for my mom's birthday cake!





Here is a picture of the actual teapot:



And of course, no tea party is complete without cupcakes!



And obviously they were lined in matching Mary Engelbreit cupcake liners!



My mom was SHOCKED!



She knew I was making her a birthday cake but she had no idea what it would be! I'm still not sure how I kept the cake from her! Everytime I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen I was on MAJOR patrol!!

Needless to say, she absolutely loved her birthday cake!



Another successful cake AND surprise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment