Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teacher Cake!

During the summers I work as a counsellor at a day camp here in the city - this summer is no exception! When my co-counsellor found out that I make cakes, she knew that her mom's birthday wouldn't be complete without one!

My co-counsellor and her family are from Romania and her mom works as a teacher teaching French as a second language. Seeing as these are some important aspects of her mom's life, she wanted it reflected in her birthday cake! So she did some Googling and I was sent a bunch of pictures of adorable teacher themed cakes! After taking a look at what was to be my inspiration, I got to work!

Here it is!





The cake is a chalkboard with an eraser, pile of books, apples and chalk! On the front of the cake is the birthday girl's face with piles of apples on either side! The sides of the cake were painted to look like a school bus!

Everyone absolutely loved it!!! It was the perfect cake to finish off the birthday celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment