Saturday, August 7, 2010

Present Cake!

When I got an e-mail on Tuesday night from my neighbour asking me to make a cake for Friday, I was VERY hesitant given the time restraint! After finding out what exactly they wanted in their custom cake by moi, I decided that I was definitely up for the challenge!

Given the relatively simple design of the cake, I was able to complete the entire cake, start to finish, in one evening without compromising a single aspect of it! (even after an incredibly long, hot, and exhausting day at camp!)!!

Here it is!





While the cake was baking I started mixing the colours for the bow and polka dots. Once the cake was out of the oven and cooling, I finished the colours, made the bow and whipped up some delicious frosting! By the time I was done preparing everything, the cake was cool enough to frost, cover in fondant and decorate! The easiest part, however, was the delivery! I ran across the street to drop off the cake and they simply LOVED it!!

The best part of the quick cake making evening? I was even able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment