Saturday, August 21, 2010

Music Cake!

It's sometimes a tough task to pick out the perfect cake design for a Dad's birthday! A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a friend of a friend asking about a birthday cake for her father. When I asked what she had in mind, she had so many ideas about her dad's different interests, like sports, music, etc...

Since I've already made quite a few sports cakes, I thought it would be fun to do a music cake! She told me her dad LOVES jazz music so taking that into consideration, I got to work!





I decided to incorporate a few important jazz instruments to help emphasize the theme of the cake - I placed piano keys all around the side of the cake, while music notes, sheet music, a bass and a saxophone rest on the brightly coloured tie-dyed painted cake top! "Happy Birthday Dad! We Love You!" was placed all around the cake on the board in matching colours.

It was the perfect cake for any music-loving dad's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment