Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Special Shoutout!!

So in case you haven't noticed, I will restate that for the past couple of months, my family and friends have truly been amazing when it comes to my cakes! They've been encouraging me, supporting me and motivating me every step of the way and I cannot begin to thank them enough in a way that would truly show them how appreciative I actually am (besides making them specialty cakes, of course!).

The last Habs cake I made was for my friend Diana's father. Not only is her dad a huge Habs fan, but Diana is as well (who are we kidding, we're in Montreal, who ISN'T a huge Habs fan???). Diana is actually suuuuuuch a huge Habs/sports fan that she is currently interning at Team 990 - Montreal's Sports Authority - everything sports in one convenient radio station! Since the Habs cake I made for her dad was pretty huge and only meant to be for 3 people, Diana took the leftovers (she and her family conveniently ate around the Habs logo!) to the station to share it with everyone.

By the time everyone at the station had tasted the cake, I was in the car with my mom on my way home from school chatting away with the radio on in the background when suddenly, I hear my name! It was coming from the radio! It was Diana, on air, talking about me and my cakes!! My mom pulled the car over in excitement and we sat and listened intently to Diana explain how I'm a university student but started "Cakes by Jess" in my spare time. My mom and I were SOOOOO excited that the rest of it is kind of a blur!

Now when I say that my family and friends have truly been supporting me every step of the way, you get a crystal clear picture of just how amazing they've actually been! Thanks to Diana and her faith in my cakes, I got my first 15 minutes (...or more like, 40 seconds) of on-air radio fame!

Thanks soooooooooooo much Diana and Mitch Melnick!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Now THAT deserves a special cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment