Thursday, February 18, 2010

Habs Puck Cake!

With my friend Diana's birthday coming up, I knew it had to be hockey themed (of course)! Instead of doing the usual giant Habs logo cake, I thought I'd get more creative and make a Habs hockey puck instead! It was definitely a nice change from the usual!



Though you can't really tell from this picture, I covered the cake board in white fondant and brushed it with some pearl dust to give it a little shimmer, like ice. Instead of making the usual happy birthday tag, I decided to write it out on a wooden hockey stick accompanying the puck, to complete the whole ice hockey theme.

Diana was so surprised! I had told her that I'd make her a special birthday treat for this Saturday instead of for her actual birthday because I inconveniently had an exam today (and her birthday was yesterday)! But I really did have the cake ready for her actual birthday!

Needless to say, she loved it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment