Tuesday, February 23, 2010

African Cake!

After being asked to make an African themed cake, I immediately had a bunch of different ideas floating around in my head. Before committing to one, I decided to do what I usually do when I'm unsure of which idea I should use for a cake; I Googled!

There were so many different African themed cakes! Some had animal print, some had animals, others were even in the SHAPE of Africa! With only a few days to get the cake done, it was only logical to scratch the mini-African-animals idea, it would be too much of a meticulous and time consuming job for the amount of time I actually had to work on the cake. So instead, I went the animal print route and here's how it came out!











Every angle of the cake is different so I thought I'd share a few more pictures of the cake than usual!

Instead of going with just one print, I decided to split the cake up into zebra and giraffe prints. Around the cake I put some huts and piped grass to really emphasize the African theme (as opposed to just animals!).

This Africa-inspired cake has quickly become one of my favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment