Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Habs, Habs, Habs!

So once again, I was summoned to make yet another Habs cake! For whom, you might ask? A friends dad of course!



After making the 2 previous Habs cakes and experiencing the dozens of logo failures that accompanied each, I am pleased to say that this was the first Habs cake I made that didn't make me want to completely pull my hair out!

Since the Birthday boy and his brother were born a day apart, I was also asked to make a dozen cupcakes for another mini event to help celebrate both birthdays.



Knowing that I couldn't possibly create a dozen mini Habs logos for each individual cupcake, I made two instead, one for each of the Birthday boys, and the rest I simply piped with the Habs colours to keep with the hockey theme.

Everyone loved both the cupcakes and cake! I used an AMAZING chocolate cake recipe given to me by the Birthday boy's wife/my friends mom! It's definitely a recipe that I will be using for a long time!

Thanks Judy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment