Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Very Special Birthday

Right after I finished my very first sushi cake, I couldn't wait to get started on my next creation! With only 2 weeks to my dad's birthday, I knew I had to get to work fast to make him a truly special cake. The only problem I had was deciding on what kind of cake to make for a man with so many interests. From hockey and football to The Beatles and cooking, my dad is a multifaceted individual to say the least! After Googling some of his favourite things, I instantly knew what kind of cake I wanted to - no, HAD to - make my dad; a motorcycle cake, or rather, my-dad-on-a-motorcycle-cake.


Since he was a teenager my dad has always loved motorcycles, and having recently sold his, I knew it was the perfect way to commemorate his love for the open road, and I was up for the challenge!


After hours of sculpting and colouring and covering things in fondant, I had a cake that I KNEW would surprise my dad, a cake that he'd always remember!


He was SHOCKED!


This cake was more than just another picture to add to my portfolio. It was a cake that my whole family and I could be proud of and would remember forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment