Sunday, January 31, 2010

From Russia With Love

After having made a few cakes, I knew that I would be in charge of my Grandmother's birthday cake! Again, the trouble began with the question of what kind of cake to make. My mom and I went back and forth between ideas when my mom came up with the perfect cake. You see, my grandmother is from Russia, so what better way to celebrate her Birthday than to bring her back to the Old Country with a cake full of traditional Russian dolls!


I immediately got to work as I just knew that this would be one of the most demanding cakes I had made. With actual wooden Russian dolls as my muse, I began my journey to my Grandmother's homeland.


After days of meticulous sculpting, covering, and painting, I knew that I had a cake that would really blow my Grandmother away. My goal was a truly colourful cake that would bring my Grandmother right back to Russia! She couldn't believe that the dolls were not real!

I was so happy that the dolls passed my Grandmother's professional Russian inspection. If SHE couldn't tell they weren't real, who could?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment