Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sports Cakes Galore!

Since I've started this cake decorating journey, my family and friends have been my greatest supporters, motivators and not to mention promoters!

After some of my friends and family started showing around my cake creations, I started getting cake requests! Many of them, so far, have been sports themed!



My mom showed everyone at work the cakes that I had made and before long, one of the volunteers at her work asked if I could make a basketball cake for her daughters birthday. So I did!


Living in Montreal, I knew I'd get requests for hockey cakes and I sure did! This was a cake I made for my friend's dad's birthday. It's only the beginning of my Habs cake orders!


I have lots of friends with lots of sport-enthusiast fathers! This was a cake I made for a friends tennis-loving dad. Their family is proving to be my best set of customers yet! :)


Did I mention everyone here loves the Habs? This is the second Habs cake I made for my friends brother (the one with the tennis-loving dad!). We thought we'd go with a different design than the first Habs cake I made, something with a little more colour!

Though decorating cakes has quickly become my greatest passion, I'm slowly starting to resent the Habs logo, but don't let that stop you from requesting a Habs cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment