Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Peabutter Cookies!

I may not have previously mentioned this, but unfortunately, I have a nut allergy that I developped a few years ago! I dont exactly know the extent of the allergy, but I've never really been much of a nut person so it doesn't bother me too much. Except for the fact that I used to loooooooove Nutella and Ferrero Rocher, yummmmm, and now I can only watch others enjoy such delicious treats! 

Luckily I'm not allergic to peanuts, but I must admit, I've also never really enjoyed them either. I never even liked the taste of peanut butter!

Last week, I was working at this amazing place that offers healthy cooking and nutrition classes to kids! They had a special March break cooking camp so all day everyday we made yummy and nutritious foods. That is where I was introduced to PEABUTTER!



It's nut free, peanut free, gluten free, trans fat free and soooooooo delicious! It's peanut butter LIKE, but not quite the same! It's everything that I like about peanut butter, but BETTER!

Last week we used this peabutter to make golden peabutter cookies. After I had a bite of those, I knew I needed to a) buy this stuff for the house, and b) make those cookies ASAP!

So after I found this yummy stuff in the grocery store, I went home and got busy!


My delicious cookie dough.



Ready to bake.



Yummy yummy scrumptious cookies ready to eat!

After I first tried these peabutter cookies/peabutter in general, I was hooked immediately. Trying to explain it to others, however, is a challenge. "Does it taste like Hummus??" I was asked after expressing my new found love for peabutter. No, no it does not taste like Hummus!!

Anyone who questions peabutter will quickly understand after tasting these bad boys. It's my new mission! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment