Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Birthday Cake!

This past week was a busy one for me! I've been swamped at work (when I'm not caking or blogging, I actually work full time as a pastry "chef" at a caterer and we're fast approaching a busy season!), I taught that awesome decorating course, I had a cake order and on top of that it was my grandmother's Birthday! And that, of course, means another cake!

A few months ago I got super inspired and sketched out pages and pages of beautiful cake designs. The problem? I've had no time to try them out since being crazy busy at work (not to mention being exhausted!). This was the perfect opportunity to finally bring one of those ideas on paper into fruition!

Here it is!









I had so much fun making the sparkling (and edible!) gem detail for the bow! It turned out perfectly.

If only I had more time (or energy) to try out all my design ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment