Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jeans Cake!

The same friend who I made the New Year's cake for (below!), had another cake need: it was also her son's 17th birthday!

Aside from the usual teenage boy shenanigans, her son loves spending HER money on all the latest things - so she thought it would be a good idea to have an expensive pair of jeans cake to help celebrate her son's big day!

Voila!









I had no idea how to go about making this cake, but after way too much analyzing I just went for it, and I must say, it is 10000% one of my all time faves! It turned out to be a blast to make and I love the way it looked in the end!!

And of course, my friend, her son and his friends absolutely loved it as well! So definitely another success! :)

3 comments:

  1. your creativity is amazing first time i saw this kind of cake thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cake! How did you get the different shades of blue - is it fondant? And how did you do the stitching. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete