Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet 16!

A while back I was asked to make (my very first!) Sweet 16 Birthday cake! Since it was for a Sweet 16 party, it definitely had to be able to feed a good number of hungry teenagers, so in addition to it being my first Sweet 16 cake, it was also my very first 2-tiered cake!

Despite being terribly nervous to face a few of my "firsts" in just one cake, I was also excited to have the chance to make a really fun and girly cake, something I could really get creative with!

I was asked to make the cake pink, purple and black with either stripes, polka dots or anything else suitable for a Sweet 16.

With that in mind, I came up with what I'm quite certain is a truly fun, girly and celebratory Sweet 16 cake!





The purple bottom tier is covered with pink and black polka dots of various sizes, while the pink top tier is covered in black zebra stripes! And of course, it wouldn't be complete without a giant purple bow on top! I also added a curvy "16" to the front of the cake to emphasize this very special birthday! It was truly the perfect cake to help celebrate such an important day!

With 2 more "firsts" out of my way, I'm ready for my next cake challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment